1899 - New York-Dr. Jacob Frick Franz, John Sheppard and Dean Osborne meet at the offices of Lewis Fawcett, Commissioner of Deeds of New York City, and create a 50-year incorporation of a new company, The Dentists’ Supply Company, with $10,000 in capital
- 1963-L.D. Caulk becomes a division of DENTSPLY, providing the opportunity to expand global reach, and continues today as a leader in the development and manufacturing of dental materials for DENTSPLY Restoratives.
- 1993- DENTSPLY merges with conventional and digital X-ray provider Gendex, and becomes a public company under the ticker symbol XRAY.
- 2002-DENTSPLY launches Aquasil Ultra, capturing reliability and retaining the finest detail; ideal material for implant impressions
- 2015-DENTSPLY introduces more than 30 products, including Cavitron Touch with Sterimate 360 preventative products, Cercon HT: 16 Vita Shades & Concepts prosthetics offering, XSmart iQ, ceram.x Universal.
- 2016-On February 29, 2016, Dentsply Sirona made history, closing the biggest merger the dental industry to create the largest manufacturer of professional dental products. Beginning on day one, the Company focused efforts on uniting under a new mission, vision, and values and a unique identity and experienced leadership. Early on, CEREC Zirconia was launched. To assist new CEREC users with adoption of the technology and materials, Dentsply Sirona sales forces joined in order to offer associated consumables needed for chairside restorations. SIROWORLD, Dentsply Sirona’s one-of-a-kind ultimate dental meeting, created the first ever dental meeting to address all practitioners’ needs across all treatment modalities to advance the industry with more than 4,000 professionals attending.
1877 - Erlangen-Erwin Moritz Reiniger, a mechanical engineer at the University of Erlangen, begins manufacturing electromedical and physical apparatus in Erlangen, Germany. With two business partners, Reiniger goes on to found a mechanical engineering firm, "Vereinigte Physikalisch-Mechanische Werkstaetten Reiniger, Gebbert & Schall Erlangen - New York – Stuttgart” or “RGS.”
1966- Siemens Reiniger Werke AG incorporates into Siemens AG.
1987-Launch of the CEREC (CEramic REConstruction) dental CAD/CAM system for single visit chairside production of ceramic inlays.
2008-Sirona launches the TENEO premium line of Treatment Centers, combining industry-leading technology, ergonomics and design for a state-of-the-art dental workflow experience. In 2009, Sirona introduces a new digital impression unit, CEREC AC, powered by its new 3D camera CEREC Bluecam.
2015- Sirona introduces dynamic CAD/CAM systems updates for dentists, including CEREC Software 4.4, new grinding tools, CEREC OrthoSoftware, CEREC Guide 2, CEREC AF and CEREC AI, and develops new CBCT ORTHOPHOS SL (2D and 3D) and XIOS Scan imaging systems, as well as the multi dode laser SIROLaser Blue.
2016- The Company began leveraging the instruments manufacturing expertise in Bensheim, Germany, for the powerful Midwest brand to introduce a new electric handpiece to the U.S. market. With 3D Endo the Company developed the first CBCT-based software, enabling safer and more efficient planning and delivery of root canal treatments. More than 25 significant products and technologies were introduced, including Celtra Duo, CEREC Zirconia, CEREC Speedfire. The Healthcare business, entered into the bowel management line by introducing the Navina System.